Friday, May 8, 2009

Pay for news online says Rupert

My journey into the future using web 2.0 technologies and the thought of web 3.0, has led to interesting discussions with colleagues and friends. The other day after attending the web 2.0 discussion here at SLV, I mentioned the idea that newspapers as they exist today may not be here in 20 years time to the horror and downright dismissal of the idea by some friends.

The next day on the radio, I heard the comment that Rupert Murdock wanted to charge people to read news online from his companies. Interesting idea I thought but no thanks I'll go elsewhere for my news.

Here is an article from the guardina on what he said.... Rupert Murdoch's online folly

2 comments:

  1. Have to agree with you! They make plenty of money from advertising adn the more people that visit their site the more money they make from advertising. You think that Old Rupert would have figured that out by now...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think rupert just likes money!

    ReplyDelete